Kieslowski on The Decalogue:
"I believe the life of every person is worthy of scrutiny, containing its own secrets and dramas. People don't talk about them because they are embarrassed, because they do not like to scratch old wounds, or are afraid of being judged unfashionably sentimental. Therefore we wanted to start each film in such a way that would suggest that the lead character had been chosen by the camera almost by accident, as if one of many....We decided to place the action of Decalogue in a large housing estate, with thousands of similar windows framed within the establishing shot. Behind each of these windows, we said to ourselves, is a living human being, whose mind, whose heart, and even better, whose stomach is worthy of investigation." Makes me want to watch all ten films again.



1 Comments:
At 1:39 AM,
punchdrunkdaisy said…
Hehe, I took le leuhve survey and I tagged you to do it (if you have nothing better to do):
http://punchdrunkdaisy.livejournal.com/79380.html#cutid1
Post a Comment
<< Home