Eclipses and Ellipses

Put your ear to a life, any life, and there it is, the tell-tale tremolo, slur and slap of the unexpressed....Language makes me a stranger to my own life, forcing me to speak from both sides of my mouth. --Susan Mitchell, "Self-Portrait with Two Faces"

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tomorrow on the Runway


Thanks to friends who've made and sent me mixed CD's for Toronto: Jeline, Elmo, Mikael, Joel, Vlad, Brian, Ike, Twinkle. I'm still expecting those from Peachy, EJ, Romy, Jose, and Jordan. One of these days, when I've listened to them all, I'll say whose is my favorite. But tonight, I'm listening to something I compiled for myself (bakit hindi, e gusto ko?):

1. Innocence Mission - Tomorrow on the Runway
2. Tegan & Sara - Monday Monday Monday
3. Counting Crows - Hanginaround
4. Badly Drawn Boy - 4-Leaf Clover
5. Heatmiser - See You Later
6. Tori Amos - Martha's Foolish Giner
7. The Delays - Long Time Coming
8. R.E.M. - The Great Beyond
9. U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
11. Innocence Mission - Moon River
12. Postal Service - Such Great Heights
13. Elliott Smith - Independence Day
14. Stars - Look Up
15. Morcheeba - God Bless and Goodbye
16. Tori Amos - Gold Dust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home